Members Registration $4.99

==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it safe to leave a gas fireplace burning all night?
09-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Is it safe to leave a gas fireplace burning all night?
It's raised and completely surrounded with bricks. This is my first winter in my new house and I never actually used one before. It is working properly, has a fireplace grate in front of it, and nothing flammable is nearby that can accidentally fall into it. I have smoke detectors and carbon monoxide protectors. Am I safe to leave it on?
I'm using it for heat. I only wanted to heat the rooms where I am and not the entire house.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2012, 09:22 AM

If you don't have to leave it on I wouldn't. Are you actually using it for heat or just for looks? It sounds like a pretty safe setup but obviously it's still a small hazard and why take risks unless you have to. Good Luck!
09-25-2012, 03:42 PM

no not really no...
09-25-2012, 09:47 PM

It is safe as long as the fire does not go out.
09-25-2012, 10:16 PM

If it is in proper working order, there's no reason it should not be safe. You've taken the proper precautions.
09-26-2012, 04:02 AM

Do you have another way to heat your rooms? A fireplace is not a very efficient way to heat. So much of the heat goes up the chimney along with a lot of the warm air from the rooms you are trying to heat.

Unless you have a set up with outside combustion air, a glass front cover and a heat exchanger system, you should not use the fireplace for heating but only decoration.
09-26-2012, 05:08 AM

if you are not in the room, NO!!.... not so much as a fire hazard, but for the cost of the GAS.... your bill would be a whopper!!.... and if you're not using the room, the room shouldn't need the heat!.... these fireplaces are not set up to heat a house, they're very wasteful of the gas used......
09-26-2012, 05:54 AM

it is no different than being in the other room when it is on...you are awake for a longer period than you are asleep...if it burns ok when you are awake , it should burn ok when you are asleep...